Blue dots (regular width)

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

"The World's Best Peanut Butter Cookies"

I love making cookies for my kids.  They used to make them with me until they realized how much work it is.  They love chocolate chip cookies so I try to keep chocolate chips on hand.  However, the other day it was rainy and we were low on groceries. I didn't want to run to the store so I searched my cupboards and found a few things of peanut butter (my favorite-Skippy Natural creamy, my husband's favorite-Peter Pan creamy, and the best ever to dip apples in-Trader Joe's Almond butter creamy with sea salt...mmm).  I'd like to say I threw a few things in a bowl and came up with the world's best peanut butter cookies, but I don't have the ability to do that (ask my husband!) like some people do.  So, I searched the internet for a new recipe (I like to try things out) and here's what I found on Cooks.com....

THE WORLD'S BEST PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES 
2 sticks butter                                             
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups peanut butter
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla extract

Mix butter, sugar and peanut butter together. Add eggs, flour, baking soda and vanilla extract.Bake at 350°F for about 12 minutes or until golden brown.

A special thanks to "William III" for submitting this recipe (although that's my incredibly good picture of them).  And for being right.  These are the world's best peanut butter cookies!  I sealed them in a large ziplock bag (a cookie jar would do the trick too as long as it's air tight) with the ends of a loaf of bread (we don't eat the ends).  The bread keeps the cookies soft.  Every day you can put in a new piece of bread (throw away the old one) and the cookies will stay fresh and soft for about 4 days. You can also freeze the cookies.  Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Those look perfect. I am craving peanut butter cookies now. I think I'll go tell my mom to make some immediately. Thanks for inspiring me. I feel bereft in this house void of all cookies.

    xoxo
    Em
    mandemstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete